2010. december 28., kedd
I don't like winter. It is cold, I feel hypernated and somehow even time disappeares faster: if we can offer help to a dog that was reported we have to do it straight away, otherwise nothing can be done anymore. But "straight away" has levels. I get quite angry for the very "straight aways" however...
- nem ez a főállásom, van egy normális, "civil" foglalkozásom, ahol akár több, mint nyolc órában helyt kell állnom, így egyrészt nem vagyok elérhető folyamatosan telefonon, másrészről nem tudok mindig ugrani, sőt: másokat sem tudok ugrasztani, hiszen rájuk ugyanez vonatkozik - mindannyian önkéntes segítők vagyunk,
- dog rescue is not my work, I have a normal position where I must hold on for more than 8 hours a day so I cannot always be contacted via phone and I cannot even rush for all dogs, moreover I cannot even inform others to ask them to substitute me - we all are volunteers,
- én is igyekszem tervezni a napjaimat, hiszen így is 18-20 órát használok fel a rendelkezésre álló 24-ből, nem sok időm marad pld. alvásra, a terven kívüli dolgok valami mástól veszik el az időt,
- I try to organise my days as I already use 18-20 hours of it so I do not really have time for sleeping. All things that are unplanned kidnap me from those that are planned,
- nem tudok azonnal helyet teremteni, elsődlegesen mindig azokért a kutyákért felelek, akik már "kapun belül" vannak, hiszen mi nem altatunk, így van olyan védencünk, aki 2007. (!) óta vár gazdára,
- I cannot just "make place", I am responsible for those dogs that are already in our care. Our organisation follows a non-kill policy, we have dogs from year 2007 still...
- a már gondozásunkban lévő kutyáknál is meg kell szervezni az ivartalanításokat, ismétlő oltásokat, szívultrahangot, egyebet, az is idő és fuvarkapacitás,
- even those dogs that are in our care need attention, castrations, vaccinations, heart ultrasound examination and many other must be organised using time and transport capacity,
- egyesületi autó nincs, a fuvarokat majdnem minden önkéntes segítő saját autóval, saját maga által finanszírozott benzinköltséggel bonyolítja,
- there is no "Association's car", all transports are done by our own cars financed from our own pockets,
- amikor egy-egy kutyára vonatkozó döntés születik, az anyagi erőforrások meglétét is igyekszem vizsgálni, de jelenleg ez sajnos túl könnyű, mert a tacskó kassza mínuszban van, így prirotiás 1. szabály lépett életbe, altatás elől, veszélyhelyzetben lévő fajtatiszta kutya jöhet vagy sérült, a többieket hirdetjük.
- when we decide upon a dog, even financial resources are taken into account, but now it is far too "easy" as the dachshund budges is in the red so Priority 1. rule applies: only those pure breed dogs can come that are to be put to sleep or injured, all others can only be offered help in advertisement.
De azért általában az azonnalokat is megoldom valahogy. Csak az 50. hét volt ebben az évben az a hét, amikor nem egyéb emberi dolgok miatt, hanem csak úgy, kutyázásilag teljesen elfáradtam. Ez pedig nem tesz jót senkinek. A kutyáknak sem. Azért összeszedem magam.
But somehow even the very "straight aways" are solved. Week 50. was the week this year when I was tired of organising dogs and not because of human or emotional problems. And this is not good. Not good for anyone. Not even for our dogs. But I pull myself together.
Tekintve, hogy a blog nem rólam szól szerencsére, így a hosszadalmas felvezetés után rátérek a heti történésekre is. Merthogy abból is volt, nem csak az önsajnálatból.
Luckily this blog is not about my life after a loooooooong prologue I can summarize all happenings of the week. As we had plenty of them, not only of self-pity.
We took over two dogs from the animal rescuers of Pápa. Tessa/Fruzsi is an aguti coloured, short-haired dachshund female who was not seeked by her original owner so she could leave Veszprém county behind and start a new life in our care. She has temporarily been placed in the family of Manfréd. Thanks for them.
Fáni is a short-haired dachshund female who had been in the care of the animal rescuers of Pápa before but then she was adopted. The new owner was not really a good one as she handed over the dog to someone. Months later Fáni was found thin and tired. We managed to place her in a temporary family where she can recover in warm and loving atmosphere and learn how to live in a flat. Unluckily she started to heat so her castration had to be postponed causing the putting off her possibility for being adopted. Owner-to-bes still can phone.
Little Tipli came to us from a breeder. He was born in a wire-haired litter "naked" and nobody wanted to buy him but he could not stand the cold outside so the breeder decided to ask our help. Kytice and her man helped us in Tipli's transport and they kept him by them for the first some days, too. We are grateful for this huge help.
Pempő was rescued from chain keeping by private persons. She is a young adult wire-haired dachshund female who had to be taken over at short notice. It was a lucky coincident that we could organise her transport and she can be in safe. Her socialisation would need some extra attention but we will do our best to make feel better and believe that even behind chance there is life. A good one.
The big surprise of the week was that Ladár moved to his new home after having spent long months in our care. Now he lives in Budapest, District XVIII. with a young couple. We hope that Ladár behaves nicely at them. He really deserverd a loving, patient and experienced owner. (It was funny that while we were looking for the house he was supposed to move in we met two of our former dogs: Micron and Lulla.)
Demizson, the old dachshund male who was rescued from the dog pound of Vác could move to a temporary home in Germany with the help of one of our co-operation partner there. Demizson - now called Oscar - is a German citizen now and he tried to find his end station. He was a lucky dog.
One of our helpers, Kriszta decided to offer temporary home for Vonó, the confiscated short-hair dachshund male. Vonó turned out to be a dream dog, he is housebroken, does not do any damage. He sleeps on the sofa all day long and he does not even want to wake up when Krisztin arrives home.